2013年6月12日水曜日

One of the Best Holiday

Last week, I spent  both of holidays joining the 19th Sophia Cup, which held by the Sophia University E.S.S. speech section.  As I said before, I belong to the speech section, and every year, the members hold this large speech contest, usually at the huge 10th hall at this university.  And this contest is well known not only by the speech seciton members in Tokyo but those in all over Japan.  As a matter of fact, one of the speaker is from Kyoto University.  Each of 8 speakers makes his or her prepared speech for about 8 minutes and short prepared speech for about 4 minutes with a theme of "Kokoro."  Almost all of speech contests don't have the short prepared speech session becuase this is unique event in our contest.  And the representive speaker from our speech section also made a speech, under the title of, "Pray for Them, and for You."  In her speech, she suggests that it is important to pray for people and herself to improve your situation and to make closer relations between people and you.    She prepared and practiced her speech hundred times for this day, and actually, she made really brilliant speech.  However, other 7 speakers also made great and impressive speeches, so regrettably, she couldn't get any prize.   But I think her speech made a lot of people there moved and inspired.  As for me, I played a role as a door man, who opens a door to let judges,questioner, and speakers enter the hall.  I felt a little nervous, but I had successfully done it.  Through the contest, I got to be inspired and moved to listen to the speeches by 8 great speakers, and I talked a lot of people concerning speech secion members in other universities.  I felt tired, but I could enjoy the precious opportunity so much!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿